<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Minus The Nemesis
A Collaboration of Some of the Finest Thought on Today's World

TO EACH HIS OWN...

Saturday, August 27, 2005
Check this site out and let me know what you think, as I am going to let you know what I think.

Should you not bother with the site, I will share the overall message. This site is the chronicle of a morbidly obese man named Steve Vaught. Once a lanky teenager, and a muscular Marine, Steve has steadily been gaining weight for the past 15 years due to some life experiences. Steve took it upon himself to do something about being fat...after 15 years. What is he doing to remedy his situation you ask? Well, only walking from San Diego, California to New York City of course. The overall goal is to lose weight and gain 30-40 years of lifespan.

I think that it's great that Steve is doing something about his battle with obesity. What I don't think is so great is the fact that he is losing out on 5-6 months with his family...and fully realizes that without income for this period he will lose his car and his property. I think that may put his family in a precarious position that they needn't be in. Steve made his choice consciously mind you, but aren't there numerous other ways to lose weight, maintain a job and spend time with your family? At any rate, Steve as of this writing has trekked approximately 822 miles.
Minus


Comments: Post a Comment