<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Minus The Nemesis
A Collaboration of Some of the Finest Thought on Today's World

PROOF NEGATIVE

Thursday, September 22, 2005
I think that I will skip out on the upcoming film Proof, "starring" Gwyneth Paltrow. I may reconsider if I thought that Gwyneth might actually be capable of mathematics. Believing that Matt Damon was capable of basic linear algebra, graph theory, Fourier analysis and even a comprehension of Parseval's Theorem was a stretch in Good Will Hunting.

A Beautiful Mind was a waste of time. Maybe if Russell Crowe would have attacked a hotel employee with a textbook, it would have been closer to being real. As far as a movie such as IQ is concerned, it didn't seem like a stretch for Tim Robbins to act like he didn't know a damn thing about physics. If I want to watch a real, believable film about someone who actually is smart, I will stick to PBS or read their biography.

Minus


Comments: Post a Comment