<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Minus The Nemesis
A Collaboration of Some of the Finest Thought on Today's World

AND HE'S BACK

Friday, May 26, 2006
Cry me a river minus.

I know, I know, my blogging level as of late has been inversely proportional to my badassness level-- meaning zero blogging. But...rest assured...I am still alive.

Sadly, the same can't be said for Senator Lloyd Bentsen. The man died this week, at the age of 85. Senator Bentsen was famous for the ultimate debate zinga to Dan Quayle of "Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy. I knew Jack Kennedy. Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy"

Reagan improved on that when, self-deprecating his old age, he responded to Governor Bill Clinton's claim to be Thomas Jefferson incarnate by saying "This fellow they've nominated claims he's the new Thomas Jefferson. Well, let me tell you something: I knew Thomas Jefferson. He was a friend of mine, and governor...you're no Thomas Jefferson."

Anyway, Sen. Bentsen, RIP.

President Ronald Reagan, RIP.

And good night Chesty, wherever you are.

Nemesis


Comments: Post a Comment